reposition window partly outside screen (kwin related)

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Tue May 22 13:43:09 BST 2018

I want my application to show the Qt virtual keyboard when it's running on a touchscreen.
To avoid that the virtual keyboard covers the input field, I'd like to move the whole
application window upwards so that the input field is always visible above the VKB, and move the window
back downwards when the keyboard hides.

However kwin seems to restrict the y-coordinate to only positive values.
Using xfwm4 this is possible (except when the window is fullscreen or maximized).

How can this be solved (best in a way which works regardless of the window manager) ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at