konsole showing output from unidentified background processes and syslogs?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat May 12 09:44:34 BST 2018

Hi,

I have a Konsole tab that shows syslog output (e.g. when I dis/connect a USB device) and now also output that appears to be from helper KF5 apps (launched by kded5?), for instance

org.kde.kwindowsystem: Loaded plugin "/opt/local/share/qt5/plugins/kf5/org.kde.kwindowsystem.platforms/KF5WindowSystemX11Plugin.so" for platform "xcb"
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)

I'm not complaining about it, but I have often wondered why this happens, and why it's always the same tab (which isn't even the 1st Konsole tab that gets opened; it currently has `tty`==/dev/pts/2). I don't see any other application that uses the same device as its standard output.

Anyone got the explanation?

Thanks,
R.