plasma5 screen management going wrong

Bug Reporter bugreporter11 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 23:26:58 BST 2018

With the most recent update of KDE, screen management is acting up. I have
a desktop with 3 monitors. After this update, every time I log into
Plasma5, several things happen:

1. I get a popup asking me about laptop display options. This is not a
laptop. Furthermore, the options presented are confusing. None of them look
viable. I have been leaving it unchanged. However, I do not want this
dialog every time I log in when my attached screens have not changed.

2. The arrangement of my screens has changed (e.g., the screen that should
be in the middle is arranged on the left or right, etc.)

3. the primary display may have changed too.

In general, other settings may be lost or changed too, such as the
locations and settings of my panels. That appears to be a consequence of
the screen arrangement being screwed up.

$ qmake --version
QMake version 3.1
Using Qt version 5.11.1 in /usr/lib

$ plasmashell --version
plasmashell 5.13.2

$ dolphin --version
dolphin 18.04.2

$ uname -a
Linux 4.17.2-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jun 16 11:08:59 UTC 2018 x86_64
GNU/Linux