Dolphin loses UI settings when restarted

Mon Jun 25 19:57:18 BST 2018

Hi,

Am Montag, 25. Juni 2018, 18:21:59 CEST schrieb René J.V. Bertin:
> On Monday June 25 2018 17:21:14 Florian Lindner wrote:
>
> AFAIK KF5 applications handle their own settings including those pertaining to the UI and window size (but not window placement, on Linux).
> Still, your best bet would be to install and try a minimal Plasma5 desktop to see if your problem exists there too, with and without:
> >    export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME="qt5ct"

It seems that setting QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME causes the problem, inside Plasma as well as inside i3. However, not setting causes all KDE (5?) application not showing any icons when used inside i3, so it's not an option either.

> What is that theme? You know that you can use the plasma-integration platform theme plugin even if you don't run the Plasma5 desktop, right? That may improve certain things for you.

My theme is Breeeze, accorting to qt5ct.
How to use the plasma-integration platform theme plugin if not using Plasma5 desktop?
It was very hard for me to find information about using KDE application outside of Plasma.

Best,
Florian