Lost behavior between KDE 4.1.3.1 and 5.5.5

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 14:16:10 BST 2018

On Monday June 18 2018 07:37:08 Draciron Smith wrote:

Hi,

>I don't upgrade till a version is out of support since upgrades never work

AFAIK Kubuntu 14.04 still has almost a year of LTS support...

>years now. I am in the process of taking several older computers that were
>given to me and putting Linux on them as well as installing Linux for a

Are you "married" to Linux? TrueOS (formerly PC-BSD) still provides a KDE4 desktop and from what I understand, FreeBSD is more efficient esp. on older hardware. From what I've seen you basically only give up Google Chrome and Spotify plus a few similar apps, and get to use a slightly older FireFox version. In return you get out-of-the-box support for ZFS. Setting that up with copies=2 on the crucial datasets is great for less litterate users who wouldn't think of ever backing anything up.

R.