KDE 5 screen size issue

Mun mjelists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 20:47:08 GMT 2018

Hi,

Thanks for the replies!

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 9:29 AM, Bob Wya <bob.mt.wya at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17 January 2018 at 06:27, Mun <mjelists at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I recently upgraded my AWS Ubuntu system from v14.04 to v16.04.  The
>> upgrade also updated my KDE from version 4.x (not sure of the exact
>> version) to version 5.18.0 .  The problem that resulted is that the
>> screen geometry setting via xrandr is not being applied correctly.
>> I've attached a screen shot for clarity.
>>
>> --
>> Mun
>

> That version of Plasma doesn't exist yet!
> The bleeding edge version of Plasma 5 is 5.12.x (master/live).
>
> But I will assume you mean your KDE Frameworks version is 5.18.0.
> If so your problem is purely running an older version of Plasma 5 still
> riddled with bugs.

My apologies regarding the revision.  Your assumption is correct in
that the 5.18.0 is referring to the KDE Frameworks version. The Plasma
version is 5.5.5 .

> I used to have that panel positioning issue months ago...

I see.  Well, good to know that I'm plagued by the same bugs you were.
It is unfortunate that Ubuntu released their 16.04 upgrade with such a
buggy version of KDE.  Since the repo doesn't yet have a newer version
of KDE, is my only option to download the sources and compile?

Best regards,

--
Mun