Installing indic (Hindi, Punjabi) etc keyboard layouts

Bug Reporter bugreporter11 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 17:03:19 GMT 2018

I'm running KDE Plasma 5 on Arch Linux. In System Settings | Keyboard | Add
Layout I have an Indian layout which includes variants for Hindi and
Punjabi and many others. There are two Punjabi variants and 3 Hindi
variants. I did not install any extra packages. In fact, I did not even
install the full KDE Plasma group from the Arch repositories. Here is the
list of packages I installed, in case it helps:

pacman -S plasma-workspace plasma-desktop systemsettings kwin kdelibs
kdebase-kdialog kde-gtk-config systemd-kcm kdesu krename kate kwrite retext
kdegraphics-okular xdg-utils plasma-nm drkonqi kdeplasma-addons kscreen
ksshaskpass ksysguard kwallet-pam user-manager firefox kompare kdiff3 gtk3
gimp gimp-ufraw xsane xsane-gimp gwenview qt5-imageformats kimageformats
kcharselect kcolorchooser kdebase-keditbookmarks dolphin dolphin-plugins
kdeutils-kdf ark spectacle pulseaudio plasma-pa kdemultimedia-kmix
pulseaudio-alsa pavucontrol paprefs parted gptfdisk libdvdcss
kwalletmanager kio-extras breeze-kde4 konsole kdebase-lib coin-or-mp
poppler-glib openjpeg2 unrar gnupg kdeutils-kgpg exfat-utils
gnome-themes-standard xclip print-manager