Global menu in GTK applications does not work

Ernesto Acosta elavdeveloper at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 03:03:49 BST 2018

Hi guys. I'm having a rather curious problem with KDE Neon that does not
happen to me in ArchLinux, for example. Applications like Firefox,
Thunderbird or LibreOffice show me the global menu, however, others like
GIMP or Inkscape do not. But, if I run GIMP or Inkscape in the terminal,
if they show the global menu ..

If I put the file .profile, .bash or .zshrc the command: export
GTK_MODULES = "appmenu-gtk-module" the variable is exported without
problems, but for more than restart, the same thing keeps happening to me.

Any idea what is happening?

Cheers

Ernesto