Top of windows too tall and apparently non-adjustable in kde 5.

A. F. Cano afc at shibaya.lonestar.org
Sat Apr 28 02:53:53 BST 2018

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 10:48:34AM +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Sunday, 22 April 2018 21:15:00 BST A. F. Cano wrote:
>
> > I've been struggling to configure the look of window decorations,
>
> I can't help with adjustability, but after a lot of fiddling about I've come
> up with a satisfactory arrangement. This is what I've set in system settings:

Thanks for confirming that I had essentially reached the same look and
feel.

> Workspace theme - breeze
> Desktop theme - breeze

These two match my setup.

> Colours - Norway

This looks better.  Changed from Oxygen to Norway.

> Fonts - dejavu, all two point sizes bigger than the default for my ageing eyes

Since it seems to be impossible to narrow the title bar, replaced the
"Window title" font to "DejaVu Sans 10" bold.  At least now the tall
title bar doesn't seem as big.

> Applilcation widget style - fusion

This doesn't seem to affect anything I can see at the moment, still,
it's installed.

> Window decorations - plastik

That's what I had.

> Gnome GTK themes - clearlooks and breeze, dejavu sans mono 10

I had breeze.

> HTH. You may be able to pick something out of it to suit.

Thanks.  Now I know it's nothing that I have overlooked.

Augustine