How to use VNC in KDE4?

Zaiwen Gong zgong at bnl.gov
Mon Apr 16 13:27:57 BST 2018

Hi Kevin,

I have figured it out:

  * On the remote server machine where you would like to share desktop
      o Launch "Desktop Sharing", either way:
          + by running "krfb" on command line
          + by KDE Menu -> Applications -> Internet -> Desktop Sharing
      o Click on "Settings" to configure the options you would like to
        share your desktop.
          + The configuration file will be saved in the desktop owner's
            home folder as ~/.kde/share/config/krfbrc:
              # [Security]
                allowUninvitedConnections=true
                askOnConnect=false
                uninvitedConnectionPassword=your-password

  * Now you can connect to the remote server's desktop from any machine
      o Launch "Remote Desktop Client", either way:
          + by running "krdc" on command line
          + by KDE Menu -> Applications -> Internet -> Remote Desktop Client
      o Enter username at remote-server:port in the connection text input.
          + e.g., zaiwen at remote-server:5900
      o After connecting it shall ask for the optimal connection speed
        and the password. Then it should display the remote desktop.
      o The connection details will be saved in your home folder as
        ~/.kde/share/config/krdcrc.

Thanks,
Zaiwen