kde font rendering for Chinese character is bad

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Oct 25 05:39:50 BST 2017

weidong posted on Wed, 25 Oct 2017 09:52:15 +0800 as excerpted:

> I try kubuntu, and find kde font rendering for Chinese character is bad
> for both bitmap font and vector font.
> gnome font rendering is ok for bitmap font, the same as kde for vector
> font.I try kubuntu, and find kde font rendering for Chinese character is
> bad for both bitmap font and vector font.<br>gnome font rendering is ok
> for bitmap font, the same as kde for vector font.<br>

There's at least two recent threads dealing with bad font rendering, at
least one of which was Chinese character related.  There's images you can
compare to your problems.  See the "What happened with fonts?" thread
(without the quotes) from Oct 17 and "Bold font issue", from Oct 6.

https://marc.info/?l=kde&b=201710

(I only do English and haven't noticed any problems, here, running kde-
frameworks and plasma live-git using packages from the gentoo/kde
overlay.  But the images do indeed show a serious issue, 100% agreed.)