Bold font issue

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 10:06:53 BST 2017

Hi,

I think you'd best ask about this on a plasma ML, but here's something you can do to investigate the issue:

- use a different font size and/or family for the window titlebar font
- use different window styles, esp. try also with the Plastik style. It uses regular Qt instead of QML to render titlebars.

You may simply be noticing the fact that QML doesn't render text the same way as the rest of Qt, at least not the way it's used to render window titlebars. I see this too: I *am* getting the bold Lucida font I ask for but it looks much worse than how that same font is rendered elsewhere because clearly the Infinality Ultimate patches aren't being used. Annoys me too, fortunately I don't need to look very long at my window titles ;)

My general font: Segoe UI 10 SemiBold
Window title fnt: Lucida Sans 10 Bold