Icon size in Okular and other applications

solitone solitone at mail.com
Fri Mar 17 15:08:34 GMT 2017

On Friday, 17 March 2017 12:48:05 CET René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Friday March 17 2017 11:01:15 solitone wrote:
> >It's not just menu item icons in Okular. For instance, also the Save and
> >Cancel icons in the Okular open document popup are small (attachment
> >1.jpeg), as well as the Save and Cancel icons in the Save File KDialog I
> >get when saving something from Chrome (2.jpeg). By contrast, when saving a
> >file from KWrite those two icons have a regular size (3.jpeg).
>
> Apparently, "icons-in-buttons" are concerned too.
>
> This reeks of a Qt bug. Do you get the same in, say, Qt's Assistant.

No, in Qt Assistant incons in menu entries are properly sized.

> To be  sure KDE isn't involved you could try unsetting both the
> KDE_SESSION_VERSION and KDE_FULL_SESSION env. variables in a shell and
> launching the assistant from there. You should get the Fusion theme.

In fact, I get the Breeze theme irrespective of those two variables being
unset.

> Edit:
> I see the assistant activates hidpi support only on MSWin (wth?!) so if
> Debian doesn't patch that you may need to look around a bit for a "pure
> Qt5" application that does this on Linux too. Qupzilla maybe?

I've also tried QupZilla, and everything looks fine. Icons in menu entries as
well as those in the save dialog which all appear properly sized.

Thanks & Regards,
  Davide