sddm greeter.

John_82 john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Mar 16 16:09:18 GMT 2017

Questions not directly related to kde but it's a kde app.

I'm still looking at running different desktops on a per user basis and unlike others sddm seems to have what's needed. According to the arch wiki this can be spec'd per user name.

This is done in /etc/sddm.conf however there is more in /usr/share/sddm. That seems to be where faces and themes are spec'd. Also facilities to run scripts before log in and after log out. I have added another user but there doesn't seen to be any way of having different scripts run for different users as nothing has changed in usr/share/sddm/.

Maybe I am missing something but given that different users can use different desktops it should be possible to have differing scripts. That may be needed for other reasons as well.

KDE 5.26
John
-