Zig zag side edges when I move a window around quickly

Martin Bednar serafean at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 09:13:23 GMT 2017

Hi,

Le Monday, March 13, 2017 2:39:31 PM CET John_82 a écrit :
> Thought I might mention this. It's not running on a slow machine etc.
> KDE5.26 27"monitor 2560x1440

5.26? That would be kde-frameworks, I presume.
what about plasma (which includes kwin)?

> Curious thing is that it's worse over the desktop and not so bad if it's
> over another window and often stays straight. No problems with the top and
> bottom even if it's just moved up and down. The side to side on the edges
> was easy to notice and no signs of this on 4 at all.

Go to System Settings -> Desktop Effects -> Compositor
and check your vsync settings. Experiment with different values.

Also, as René mentioned, check the rendering backend. Make sure it is openGL.

> Maybe wayland might help at some point. If any one on here has access to
> those people please ask them not to forget graphic tablets users. I use a
> hanvon. Some one maintains a driver. The tablet is fully featured and needs
> X to set it up. It's 1/2 the price of a similar waycom. Some might say
> better too actually.

Wayland should help indeed. but that doesn't solve your current problem :)

Martin