Slowness in Graphics display

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Wed Jul 19 12:20:12 BST 2017

Hi Srinivasan T,

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 6:40 AM, Srinivasan T <tsvs.lc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I downloaded KDE recently and it was working fine for few hours and then
> slow down.
>
> I check and found few things :
>
> 1. -  intel_powerclamp
>     -  intel_rapl
>     -  intel_rapl_perf
>     -  x86_pkh_temp_thermal
>
>    I removed from module loading list and I can see some improvements.
>
> 2. I try to remove nouveau graphics and intent to use i915 Intel default
> chipset,
>     I am not able to remove.
>
> 3. Few times, I see following message :
>     perf interrupt took too long (3181 > 2500), lowering
>      kernel.perf_event_max_sample_rate to 50000
>
>      After see this message, computer slow down for few mins.

Disclaimer: I can't really help to solve this, but...

You are aware that KDE (I presume you talk about Plasma 5, aren't you? Also
being a tad more detailed about the exact specifics of your distribution
would be nice) is not the kernel, aren't you? All the elements you mention
are either, AFAIK, kernel modules, or graphic drivers, on both of which KDE
as a community has very little influence on. What exact kernel and kernel
modules are in use largely depends on the distribution you use, so this
should be best addressed to your distribution. The graphic drivers choice
is also made by your distribution, btw.

And there, as well as here, please make sure you give precise details of
your system, especially the version of the software you are talking
about...

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org
<http://www.fsfe.org>