Qt 5.9 and font rendering

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 11:44:50 GMT 2017

On Friday December 22 2017 12:22:03 Martin van Es wrote:

>As a temporary work-around for the current Qt font styleName handling
>problems I removed the styleName from font settings in kdeglobals and

That's an independent issue. I already have removed the style names from my settings files AND have patches in place in code that do the same.
https://phabricator.kde.org/D9070

The stylename issue makes it impossible to set the bold attribute on fonts, but they're still rendered correctly, as regular or whatever they were.

The issue I address in this thread has to do with the font smoothing gamma stylehint, IOW not something you usually have control over (hence the need for a patch).

R.