KDEconnect on 2 different networks: totally impossible?

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 19:04:40 GMT 2017

On 12/03/2017 08:31 PM, A. F. Cano wrote:
> Note: pairing WILL NOT WORK if your Android device isn’t on the same
> network as your PC. Be sure that wifi is working before connecting.

I've not used KDEconnect, but I have similar issues at home with
Squeezebox and UPnP media players.  I ended up writing a simple daemon
that runs on my (CentOS 7) router and forwards the discovery packets.

   https://github.com/ipilcher/squoxy

Note that this doesn't have to run on the router; it just needs to run
on a system that is connected to both networks.  You will, of course,
need to know the protocols/ports that KDEconnect uses and modify the
daemon accordingly.

Even then, there's no guarantee that this will work.  Wireshark is your
friend.

Ian Pilcher                                         arequipeno at gmail.com
-------- "I grew up before Mark Zuckerberg invented friendship" --------