Disable program loading icon in taskbar?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sat Apr 29 06:06:43 BST 2017

Fjfj109 posted on Fri, 28 Apr 2017 10:51:04 -0400 as excerpted:

> Hi; on KDE 4 (4.14.2) when I open a program I get an icon in the taskbar
> which indicates that the program is loading, it takes up space and I
> want to remove it. I know I've done this before, I just don't remember
> where the setting is.

Please turn off the HTML.  (TIA. =:^)

I'm on plasma5, so you may have to adapt locations a bit if they've
changed since your kde4.

KDE system settings, personalization, applications, launch feedback.

There's separate settings for the busy cursor and the taskbar launch
notification.  The taskbar launch notification has both an enable
checkbox and a timeout setting.  The busy cursor allows selecting the
type (bouncing, blinking, passive, none) and has a timeout setting.