A few question about KDE

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 16:42:59 BST 2017

On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 7:12 AM, Farhad Mohammadi Majd
<farhadbenyamin at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello, I am a user of Cinnamon DE and I am determined to switch to KDE.
> I have some questions about KDE that I'd be grateful if someone answer
> to them.
>
> 1. Why the archive of "KDE" mailing list is private?

The KDE Community has many mailing lists (mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo)

Some mailing lists are subscription based; some are not.
There are links to archives on the main page about mailing lists
(www.kde.org/support/mailinglists/).

Almost all of the communication within KDE is done by email or in IRC.
There may be subscriptions for some of the individual projects. The
way they are handled depends on the individual project maintainers.
Usually any subscription restrictions are done to focus mailing list
threads on the particular project.

Very little in KDE is exclusive or private. There are situations where
people communicate out of the public eye. For example, the KDE
Association (KDE e.V.; ev.kde.org is only open to members.) You can
learn more about mailing lists and codes of conduct at kde.org.

> 2. How much KDE is secure?

An unanswerable question. How long is a piece of string? KDE
developers do everything that they can to make sure that KDE
applications are secure.

> 3. Why some Linux/UNIX guys hates C++?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Linux%2FUNIX+hate+C%2B%2B

There are countless opinions on the Internet about everything and
anything imaginable. If one likes it, there are many other people who
also like it. Same if you don't like it. Depends on what _you_ like,
what the programming task is.

> 4. At what level is the code quality of KDE?

It works great. There are bugs. There are people finding bugs and
people fixing them. Personal opinion, KDE is far better than any
Windows software. Any perception of quality for a user depends a great
deal on all parts of the user's system.

> 5. Is C a bad language for developing big applications?

No. Yes. Depends on the big application, who is coding, many other
things. Search the web for "c for large projects". There are many
opinions. Your question does not allow for useful answers.

> 6. From what area are the most sponsors and donators to KDE?

You can find out more about KDE supporters at kde.org by clicking the
"donate" link. What do you really want to know? KDE sponsors and
donators come from all over the world, big and small, techies and
non-techies, companies/non-profits/individuals/clubs, rich/not rich.
KDE sponsors and donators usually think that freedom is a good thing.
The KDE Community welcomes any and all who support what KDE is doing.

General reply
It might help you to read
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html. You could have
answered several of your questions by yourself.