does a gtk kcmshell5 module exist?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 08:39:14 BST 2016

On Thursday July 28 2016 02:52:53 Felix Miata wrote:

>https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2016-July/msg00028.html is the
>actual screenshot in the context for which created, a show of gtk3 regression
>high DPI KDE users of Mozilla products are likely to be seeing soon, if they
>aren't already.

Does `kcmshell4 kde-gtk-config` still allow to get the expected results?

Also, AFAIK setting a "custom" DPI value in the fonts kcm4 used to set Xft.dpi . It seems that's still the case. Is that enough to address the issue?
If so, the plasma startup sequence could set the appropriate default value if none is set. But then that would also beg the question why GTk3 apps do not do something similar. The linked message above isn't really clear (to me) how the situation "Xft.dpi not set" is supposed to be handled.

FWIW, it'd be good to find a commonly used GTk3 application other than those by Mozilla which all provide their own font selection mechanism (that I presume many if not most users will use because of the ugly default typefaces).