screen energy saving stopped

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 12:22:32 BST 2016

I'm facing the same problem in Kubuntu 14.04 with KDE 4.14.13, the screen
saver and energy saving both stopped working a few weeks ago. I can still
turn off the monitors manually, using xset dpms force off. I can also start
the screen saver manually, but neither one work automatically anymore.
Tried:

xset s on
xset +dpms
xset dpms 0 0 3600

No luck. Eventually the screen saver and energy saving start working
automatically again out of nothing, but soon they stop working again. If
you find a solution, please post here.

[]'s
Marcelo