Reloading previous session type of a user in KDE 5

Christoph Pleger Christoph.Pleger at cs.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Jul 12 13:52:18 BST 2016

Hello,

Yeah, what an "advance" in software.

I need a display manager that saves the last session type of every user in
the user's home directory and has options to configure the requirement of
root authentication for reboot or shutdown from the greeter. kdm had both
of these features, sddm has none. Additionally, after setting appropriate
policykit rules, when an X session was ended with "Shutdown" or "Reboot",
a small window for root authentication appeared. With sddm, such a window
does not appear any more - but at least, the system is not
shutdown/rebooted.

Worse, none of the display manager packages available in Ubuntu 16.04
seems to have the desired features. Not to mention that, in my personal
opinion, all of the greeter screens look ugly.

Regards
  Christoph