"autistic" Konsole

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Jul 12 09:39:59 BST 2016

René JV Bertin posted on Tue, 12 Jul 2016 09:51:09 +0200 as excerpted:

> BTW, if it were purely due to tcsh I would not expect the paste method
> to work. I doubt tcsh sees the difference between pasting and typing
> very fast.

You might also try installing and using xdotool to send key sequences.
It uses a couple different mechanisms to send the sequences depending on
whether you're sending to the (X) active/focused or the (xdotool)
selected window.  See the SENDEVENT NOTES section in the manpage.  If
you're sending to the active window, it uses XTEST and the keystrokes
should appear to the app as if you typed them.  If you're sending to the
xdotool selected window, it uses XSendEvent, and the app may reject them
if it's paranoid, tho some can be configured to accept or reject them.
(Again, see the notes in the manpage.)

The idea would be to see which artificially triggered input methods still
work...

> Reminds that I should check if tcsh uses libreadline or libedit, though.

Makes sense.