Disable the option to create a new session

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Jul 8 02:37:45 BST 2016

Kevin Krammer posted on Thu, 07 Jul 2016 09:34:03 +0200 as excerpted:

> On Thursday, 2016-07-07, 05:53:22, Duncan wrote:
>> Christoph Pleger posted on Wed, 06 Jul 2016 14:27:54 +0200 as
>> excerpted:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > in KDE 5, after the screensaver was started, an option to start a new
>> > session is shown. Is it possible to disable the possibility to start
>> > a new session, maybe also to not show the option?
>>
>> I don't know how to set this one, but I know what you're asking must be
>> possible, because I don't have the new session option here. =:^/
>
> It might require some support/cooperation from the login manager.
> E.g. if you run without login manager or of the login manager doesn't
> provide the necessary D-Bus (?) interface, then the option might be
> missing.

Good point.  I'm on gentoo, and I have USE flags (that control
dependencies at build-time, etc) off, unless I know I need them on for
some reason.

I do run systemd, but I have policy-kit turned off and not installed,
along with another USE flag IDR on some plasma5 package IDR ATM, that
IIRC /was/ documented as being required for session switching, etc.

So it might not be a normal user option, but rather, it could be an
option that shows up if you've built the appropriate plasma5 component
against the appropriate dependencies, as most binary-based distributions
would, that doesn't show up if you haven't, thus explaining my lack of
that option, here.