SLOW KDE login after update

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 21:26:26 BST 2015

On 20/10/15 22:04, CS DBA wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> I recently ran an update on Fedora 22 (KDE spin) that included the
> following packages. Afterward when I entered my username & password to
> login to the laptop it would take 60seconds plus to login. Before the
> update it took less than 5sec
>
> I've since backed the update out but would like to solve it so I can run
> the latest packages.
>
> Anyone else seen this? Thoughts on how to fix it?
>
> Thanks in advance

I have the exact same problem on Gentoo. The only thing I know is that
it's some config file. If I create a new user account and login, it
works fine. 4-5 seconds from SDDM to the desktop. On my main account, it
takes 40 seconds or so.

Previously, I would reset my KDE config by "rm -rf ~/.kde". This does
not work anymore. There is no ~/.kde directory. Everything is moved into
~/.config it seems, and mixed with the rest of my config. So I now I
can't clean the KDE config without also completely wiping out everything
else too :-(

I don't know why KDE made that decision. It sucks.