Kfind pdfs

J. Leslie Turriff jlturriff at mail.com
Mon Oct 19 02:36:41 BST 2015

On Thursday 08 October 2015 08:07:53 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Am Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2015, 12:25:21 CEST schrieb Mark Ballard:
> > I presume this is well known, but feel I must report it as an error.
> >
> > Kfind, a most brilliantly-endowed search tool, appears unable to find
> > text in pdf files. It seems odd to me because I thought I would have
> > noticed this before now, and kfind has such an extraordinarily long list
> > of formats it does handle specifically that it is incredible to think it
> > doesn't handle pdfs.
> >
> > Can I be doing something wrong?
>
> I think with Baloo enabled Alt-F2 will find PDFs by their filenames and
> contents. But I just find that it does not appear to work consistently with
> PDF on Plasma 5.4.2 and KDE Frameworks 5.14 / self compiled from master
> here, whereas for OpenDocument files it seems to work.
>
> Thanks,

It would not work, of course, with PDFs that contain only images of pages, but
no text content.

Leslie

--
		A Caution to Everybody

	Consider the Auk;
	Becoming extinct because he forgot how to fly, and could only walk.
	Consider man, who may well become extinct
	Because he forgot how to walk and learned how to fly before he thinked.

-- Ogden Nash