plasma freeze after removing panels or widgets on panels

mail at webthatworks.it mail at webthatworks.it
Fri Oct 9 21:57:08 BST 2015

On 10/08/2015 12:14 PM, ianseeks wrote:
> It might be advisable to post the release versions of the software you have
> installed, OS, KDE Plasma etc to help in the analysis of your issue

The one packaged with Debian sid at the moment.

ivan at gloom:~$ aptitude show plasma-desktop
Package: plasma-desktop
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 4:5.4.2-1

ivan at gloom:~$ plasmashell -v
plasmashell 5.4.2

I guess there may be some packages still transitioning or with
different version number and I know it may be an issue. If I had to
report a bug I'd go to debian bug system before posting here.
Actually no one is reporting this problem or a similar one on debian
bug tracking system so I may guess it may be a problem of some
leftover of my previous installation.

But I'd just like to know how I can manually delete the panel and
plasma desktop configuration since it seems that even removing the
files that I think should contain widgets setup etc... panels are
still there.

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo