Failed to establish shared memory mapping

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Nov 20 11:19:28 GMT 2015

Martin van Es posted on Fri, 20 Nov 2015 09:55:47 +0100 as excerpted:

> I feel your sentiment and I know how to bisect. I just don't have big
> can of time lying around in storage and I hate to mess up my daily work
> laptop.

"Big can of time"... LOL! =:^)

> I could however create a testaccount with the offending configuration
> and leave my normal account as it is now I think of it.
>
> I still have the old homedir, so who knows what Xmass holidays will
> bring?
>
> Thx for thinking along with this! I do have a synaptics touchpad and
> configuring it does ring a bell...

That could be it then, altho back to the original post, why that would
trigger the same warning with every kde app started remains unexplained.
Plasma, /somewhat/ less so as at least in kde4, plasma was single-
threaded and all plasmoids/widgets/applets worked in the same thread, so
it's /conceivable/ it'd print a warning for each one altho I'd still find
it a bit strange, but kde in general... if it is indeed the synaptics
thing, why it would output a warning for every kde app is as much a
mystery as ever.

So the synaptics theory really only explains the shared memory part of
it, not why it would print the warning for everything, which means it's
not as likely to be solved as I'd like it to be.

But you've solved the immediate issue, anyway, which was the priority,
even if it's not as nicely wrapped up an ending as I'd like to see just
yet.  If the other waits for the holidays or indeed you never get to it,
I can live with that. (Not that I'd actually have much choice, LOL, but
anyway... =:^)