kde Archives

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Nov 18 00:38:57 GMT 2015

Istvan Gabor posted on Tue, 17 Nov 2015 16:40:18 +0100 as excerpted:

> How can I read previous posts sent to this list?
>
> Currently the archive page after logging in says:
> The Kde Archives No messages have been posted to this list yet, so the
> archives are currently empty. You can get more information about this
> list.
>
> Where can I find the arhcives?

While it's an independent (not kde) service, this list is archived on
gmane.org.  There's several web interface variants as well as a news
(nntp) interface, the latter actually being the way I read and respond to
this and other lists, via my news client (pan). =:^)

See http://gmane.org

(Tho the web server seems to be down for maintenance ATM.  But you should
be able to connect to the news side at nntp://news.gmane.org, using a
news client.  Just don't try to download whole lists at once or you might
trigger the abuse limits and ban-hammer, but a couple weeks or a month of
backposts for a few groups/lists shouldn't trigger it.  And if you reply
via gmane, expect an email address confirmation the first time you reply
to a list, until you've confirmed for that list.  Other than that, read
the web site information when it's back up.)

There's a few other independent web-based list archives around as well,
tho gmane's the one I normally use. Googling, I see MARC (Mailing-list
ARCive), Nabble...

https://marc.info
https://marc.info/?l=kde&r=1&b=201511&w=2

http://nabble.com