Plasma 5 as a daily driver?

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 23:48:40 GMT 2015

On 11/09/2015 05:35 PM, Duncan wrote:
> Meanwhile, I do in fact control konsole size via kwin window rules here,

Cool.  I've use the window rules to control Gkrellm in the past, so I
figured that this could probably be done.  Now I know *exactly* how to
do it.

> Of course, as you somewhat implied, one person's insignificant nitpick is
> someone else's absolutely critical feature, as the kde devs found out all
> too well in the kde3 -> kde4 upgrade.  Thankfully, they're being less
> forceful about dropping support for what actually works in favor of new
> but broken stuff, this time around.

Indeed.  Comparing Plasma 5 today to the state of KDE 4 at this point in
its life is revealing.

And thanks to everyone for keeping this thread constructive.  I didn't
want this to be (purely) a rant.  Call it constructive venting.  ;-)