grouping tasks in taskbar

Gunther Clasen gunther.clasen at ensilica.com
Tue May 12 11:57:52 BST 2015

Hi,

I am pretty new to kde 4 (not kde, which I've been using for 15+ years now), and some things puzzle me. I am used to grouping tasks in the taskbar, and kde4 didn't migrate that setting from kde3. Now with the taskbar full of applications (it needs only 5 applications open to fill the taskbar on a wide-screen monitor), there seems to be NO WAY to configure the taskbar to group the tasks. One needs to close the applications first in order to have free space on the taskbar to do a right-click to bring up the config menu.

Is that behaviour actually intended, or have I missed something?

Cheers
Gunther