Can't resize, move or remove some widgets

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 21:45:15 GMT 2015

Hello, people,

I have several widgets on my desktop: nextwallpaper, yawp, stockquote (three
instances of this one) and a network monitor. Suddenly, two of them, yawp and
one of the stockquote instances, stopped showing that lateral setup tab which
allows you to move, resize or remove the widget from the desktop. Widgets are
unlocked and, except for these two, all of them show the tab when I hover the
mouse over them, including the other two instances of stockquote.
I would like to remove and re-add the problematic widgets to see if they go
back to normal behavior, but can't find a way to remove them. Other than not
displaying the setup tab, both widgets are working fine.
Any idea on how to solve this?
I'm running KDE 4.14.1 on Kubuntu 14.10.

Thank you,

Marcelo