KDE plasma second monitor issues after latest update

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Dec 15 18:11:29 GMT 2015

CS DBA posted on Tue, 15 Dec 2015 08:57:24 -0700 as excerpted:

> I ran the latest set of updates a few days ago, after the update when I
> plugged my second monitor in it was not recognized in the "Display and
> Monitor" section of the system settings. If I boot with the monitor
> connected it works but only if I boot with it connected.  I have the
> cinnamon desktop installed as well and it works as expected, can boot
> just the laptop, connect / disconnect monitors, control them from system
> settings, etc, so it seems it's not a kernel or display driver issue...

No immediate thoughts on fixing, but if it worked and now it doesn't,
don't you think knowing the version where it worked and where it doesn't
might help people solve it?  KDE/kdeframeworks version, plasma version
(if frameworks-5 based not kde4 based), qt version, distro and release
version, what packages were updated, if you know, etc.

It's not like you're posting to a distro list, after all, where most of
this stuff can be assumed based on what the distro just updated, and
where most people would be running the same versions...