how to remove/edit calendars?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 15:02:45 BST 2014

I have a couple of calendar-related questions.

Running vanilla up-to-date 64-bit debian stable (wheezy). Kontact says that it
is version 4.4.11

Question #1:

In Kontact, I have a calendar called (for some reason known only to KDE)
"akonadi_ical_resource_6" that I would like to remove, since it appears to be
an almost-but-not-quite duplicate of another calendar. But when I try to
remove it, KDE says:
  You cannot remove your standard calendar

What do I need to do to remove this calendar?

Question #2:

I have a second calendar, called "akonadi_ical_resource_8". If I try to look
at its properties by opening the "Edit" menu item, Kontact says:
  You cannot edit the calendar folder akonadi_ical_resource_8

My understanding is that KDE as a matter of policy uses the word "folder" to
refer to a directory. But a search in my home directory hierarchy for a
directory called "akonadi_ical_resource_8" indicates that there is no such
directory anywhere in the hierarchy.

So what do I need to do to edit this calendar (or, at the very least, look at
its properties)?

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR