Meaning of 2nd number in: <folder name> (4 + 346)?

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 19:31:23 BST 2014

I've done a little bit of googling, but haven't searched the archives of
this list.  Will somebody tell me what the second number is in
parentheses behind the name of a folder in the Folder List?

For example, I see a folder named gui that looks like:

gui (4 + 346)

I know the first number is the number of unread emails, but I have no
clue as to the second number.  Sometimes (as in this case), that
number is higher than the number of emaiils in the folder.

I am using (I recently upgraded to) wheezy (debian 4.6.0), with kde
4.8.4 and kmail 1.13.7.

Thanks!
Randy Kramer