WebP Wallpapers

Vinicius Gobbo Antunes de Oliveira vgobbo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 11:58:35 GMT 2014

Hi!

This is my first post at the KDE mailing list. Not sure whether this is
the right list to mail to.

Recently, I've been playing with WebP image format, and after a few
benchmarks I decided to convert all my wallpaper images from JPG to WebP.

The problem I'm having is that KDE doesn't seem to support WebP
wallpaper images, since I can not select one of them to set as my wallpaper.

Does anyone have ever tried to do is or know whether it is supported or not?

Maybe this is just a filter being missed at the image selection box (the
filter displays only: *.png *.jpeg *.jpg *.xcf *.svg *.svgz *.bmp), and
maybe adding *.webp will solve the issue. If someone can confirm this as
a possibility, I'll fill a bug and try to patch it myself.

My system is a Gentoo, with KDE 4.11.5 (latest version avaiable for
Gentoo), Gwenview happily displays WebP just as does Dolphin thumbnails.

--

*Vinicius Gobbo Antunes de Oliveira*
/Norton Tecnologia da Informação/