copnfiguring KDE shutdown to be immediate

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sat Mar 8 21:57:51 GMT 2014

Kevin Wilson posted on Sat, 08 Mar 2014 18:16:16 +0200 as excerpted:

> When I go to the shutdow menu of KDE an press it, it waits 30 seconds
> (counting backwards)
> How can I copnfigure KDE so that shutdown will be immediate?

kde system settings, system administration, startup and shutdown, session
management.  At the top under general, UNCHECK confirm logout.

Alternatively, setup a keyboard shortcut for it.  That /should/ be in kde
system settings, shortcuts and gestures, global keyboard shortcuts, I
think under session manager or the like, but I'm running kde4-live-
sources, which ATM is what will be 4.13, and I don't seem to see it there
ATM and I can't find it under options like kwin either.  But from memory
that's where it is.  There should be a "without confirmation" or "without
delay" option there.  Here I set that to ctrl-alt-del quite some time
ago, but I believe the default is ctrl-alt-shift-del, and ctrl-alt-del is
I think the default shortcut for logout /with/ confirmation.  Anyway, tho
I can't find the config for it ATM, my setting still works, and that's
what I normally use instead of the menu option. =:^)