Kmail-1.13.5 "Reply to mailing list" is using old list addy and its been moved

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Mar 1 14:04:17 GMT 2014

On Saturday 01 March 2014 08:44:43 Kevin Krammer did opine:

> On Saturday, 2014-03-01, 08:22:47, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > But no one has answered as to the reason the kdepim-users list seems
> > to have amnesia about its subscribers?
>
> Have never experienced that with any mailinglist.
>
> What could have happend is that mails from the list server got bounced
> or rejected by your mail server and the list software decided to drop
> you.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

That doesn't hold much water, the server I've used since it went online in
1999 is running qmail, and doesn't reject very much, so I run mailfilter in
front of fetchmail, and if it 'deny's a msg, it just deletes it, no bounce
is sent, its a waste of time to send a spammer a bounce anyway.  I have
around 2000 (and growing) full class D addresses and about 20 class C's I
reject because they send nothing but spam.  So if I rejected it at the
server with mailfilter, your server would never see it.  What it might see
is for the last 2 years, we've had a heck of a time keeping the various
winderz boxes clean, and somebody's office machine will get us nailed by
spamcop.  That your server would see.  Unfortunately I am retired now for
12 years, so I haven't a lot of control over that except to advise Jim he
has a dirty machine someplace in the building.  Sales people have all been
advised to keep paper copies of their contact lists because if a machine
gets rooted, it WILL be formatted & reinstalled.  We also run a open wifi,
isolated from any other inside subnet so help can bring in their own
rootkitted lappy on the weekends, and that has got us nailed for a day or 2
now & then.

Winderz machines are our major PITA, but training a salestype to use
anything else is impossible because all their clients run winderz.

So we are damned if we do, and damned if we don't.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

NOTICE: Will pay 100 USD for an HP-4815A defective but
complete probe assembly.