How to toggle between KMix output devices

José Pablo Méndez Soto auxcri at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 18:46:20 BST 2014

Ok so, I ended up reading this thread to understand the correct usage of
pacmd:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/71863/how-to-change-pulseaudio-sink-with-pacmd-set-default-sink-during-playback

and used the script that user traumtaenzer posted:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/4055/audio-output-device-fast-switch

This guy solved the hard part about the "toggle" operation, how to toggle
to one output device or the other.

I then went to KDEs Custom Shortcuts window and added a new Global Shortcut
> Command/URL and configured a key on my Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000
to trigger the Action, and in the Action tab I pointed to the scriptfile.

Now I can tell all my applications to redirect sound to my USB headset or
my 5.1 system with just 1 key press. The toggling works perfectly between 3
audio devices as well. Awesome stuff.

Thanks

*José Pablo Méndez *