Disconnect network folder (Dolphin)?

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Fri Jun 13 10:11:34 BST 2014

On Thursday, 2014-06-12, 17:28:31, Stoycho Ganev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I connect to a network folder (say, sftp) and finish working with it,
> how do I disconnect from that network location so that I am sure that
> the network connection is closed for good? I'm looking for something
> like "disconnect" in the context menu on that folder, but there is no
> such thing obviously. So how can I do that? Any clues?

I don't think there is any explicit way to do that.

The way this remote access technology works is that the application, in this
case Dolphin, requests a remote file action (transfer, folder listing, etc)
and a specialized background system than performs that.

My guess is that it keeps the connection alive for a couple of minutes to be
able to quickly respond to subsequent request, but that it will close the
connection after that.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring