getting start

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Jun 10 05:28:23 BST 2014

shailendra acharya posted on Mon, 09 Jun 2014 21:34:57 +0530 as excerpted:

> this is shail. i want to contribute in kde but i m confused what should
> i do? i have knowledge of c,c++,php,java and also with algoritham. i
> want to do a good project. plz suggest me.since open source is a
> platform where i can learn lots of new things and increase my skills.
> plz welcome me i m new in kde.

Welcome!

I imagine Kevin, who's a kde dev active on this list, will be along with
more detail in some hours if I leave anything big out, but here's a few
links to get you started. =:^)

http://techbase.kde.org

You may also be interested in:

http://community.kde.org

In terms of mailing lists, this one here is the general user list.
There's a more specifically development list that's still not application
specific, kde-devel, and various application specific lists as well.
Here's the lists info page link:

To give you an idea of what's available in the larger kde and qt
communities, try:

http://kde-look.org
http://kde-apps.org
http://qt-apps.org

(FWIW those sites are part of the larger opendesktop.org family, which
includes gtk-look.org and others not directly related to kde as well.  As
these sites include a lot of both free as in freedom and free as in cost
additional software and artwork, they're highly recommended for users as
well. =:^)