KDE + Firefox integration: restart?

grantksupport at operamail.com grantksupport at operamail.com
Tue Jul 8 16:49:24 BST 2014

Hi

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014, at 08:43 AM, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> First of all, thanks for stepping up and getting the discussion going again.
>
> One thing that strikes me as wrong though, considering the comments on the
> Firefox list, is that this is phrased as KDE Integration.
>
> Using the KDE file dialog would be KDE specific integration, using the user
> configured default application for a certain task is not.
>
> That would be Free Software Desktop integration, i.e. folling the mime-apps-
> spec: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/mime-apps-spec/

I don't know enough to know the correct semantics.

I do know:

(1) 'this' has been talked about for a very long time, admittedly in 'drips and drabs', as a KDE + Firefox issue.   Specifically getting Firefox to use Dolphin.

(2) The Opensuse 'patches' have been specifically for use in KDE, and have been called in packaging 'mozilla-kde4-integration' and 'kmozillahelper'

To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-kde+unsubscribe at opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-kde+owner at opensuse.org