KMail: repeated lockups

Frank Steinmetzger Warp_7 at gmx.de
Sun Jan 26 23:24:34 GMT 2014

Hey list

I was hoping you could shed some light on this. While my main mailer is
mutt, I occasionally open KMail to use some of my IMAP accounts.

Whenever I'm using it (reading mail, composing text), there are regular
lockups in the GUI. I get a CPU core loaded with a background service
(the bar shows the colour for nice'd processes).
While this occurs, I can type on, but the letters would only appear in
the composer once the lockup is gone.

Is that Akonadi again? How can I put an end to it (short of not using
KMail)?

I'm running a 32 bit Gentoo with KDE 4.12.1 at the moment, but I don't
know with which version it started. I could check later whether my main
PC with a 64 bit Gentoo has the same issue.

Thanks for any hints.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.

The abbr. of abbr. is abbr.