qdbus /ScreenSaver Lock fails

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 16:22:13 GMT 2014

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 7:53 AM, Kevin Krammer  wrote:

> On Sunday, 2014-01-05, 07:16:51, David L wrote:
>
> Since you have confirmed in your other reply that it works if the D-Bus
> address is available to the script, do you get any error when you run
> qdbus in
> the SSH session and have just exported DISPLAY?

My old script did not work from cron or ssh after upgrading Kubuntu and
Mint.  It did work in a local session.

> Regarding your idea to write the address into a file, that actually already
> happens as well, see ~/.dbus/session-bus

If I try to use the DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS in the one file
in ~/.dbus/session-bus, it doesn't work.  The results I get are different
in my local session and in that tmp file:

echo $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS
unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-1i5RBi6cFV,guid=4a22a915e3c0a1082928620e52c238bf

grep DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS ~/.dbus/session-bus/*
# If the DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS environment variable is set, it will
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-p7FI7sRDLO,guid=42d74b3a12b87cd5e97149cd52c238bf

If I set the variable to the value in the file, my script stops working
even from the local session.

Thanks,

          David