Display corruption on KDE 4.12.2

Steven Ulrick meow8282 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 10:03:11 GMT 2014

Hello, Everyone
I am running a fresh install of Fedora 20 with version 4.12.2 of KDE.  This
is the version that is currently in Fedora 20's official updates.  I am
having really annoying issues with display corruption.
Here is a screenshot of the offending manifestations:

http://afolkey2.us/gallery3/index.php/Assorted/Fedora20-Screenshot-20140217-1528

The corruption I speak of is always the color magenta.  The screenshot
linked to above does not show it as being nearly as bad as it often gets...

If I reboot, it will go away for a while, but it always returns.  In fact,
I did a complete, fresh install just to make sure that my install of Fedora
20 wasn't corrupted some how.

lspci shows my video card as being this:

03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation G94 [GeForce 9600 GT]
(rev a1)

If you need any more information, let me know.

Steven P. Ulrick