Why do you prefer KDE?

Marek Kochanowicz sirherrbatka at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 08:32:43 GMT 2014

> On Saturday 21 December 2013 18:45:13 Bruce Byfield wrote:
> > As you may have heard, KDE recently topped the Linux Journal's Readers'
> > Choice Awards.
> >
> > That got me thinking. Why do people prefer KDE? What advantages do you
> > think it has over other desktop environments?
> >
> > Warning: If I get enough replies, I may use them in a blog entry for Linux
> > Pro Magazine.
> >
> > My thanks in advance for any replies.

Excellent applications like dolphin, kmail, korganizer, akregator. Outstanding
workspace ─ i consider kwin to be the best window manager (effects, scripts,
features like window tabbing and window shading, good set of key-bindings) and
plasma provides helpful flexibility, allowing us to have both new features
(like folder view, both on the desktop and on the panel) and elements that
were here for years, like good old pager.

In other words: the great thing about KDE is it's ability to fit into needs of
various users, even if seems to have very little in common.