baloo_file, baloo_file_extractor in disk sleep

Pavel Volkov sailor at lists.xtsubasa.org
Thu Apr 24 15:41:36 BST 2014

On 2014年4月24日木曜日 18時10分29秒 MSK, Wolfgang Mader wrote:
> On Thursday 24 April 2014 15:39:31 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Complete interface, meaning:
> - All running apps, e.g. I can no longer changes tabs in
> rekonq, switch to a
> different mail in kmail, switch from kmail to akregator in kontakt
>
> - KWin effects, e.g. cube animation for desktop switch hangs in
> the middle of
> the effect
>
> - Text input into e.g. kwrite. Since I am mostly using kde
> software, I am not
> sure if gtk is affected also, but I would guess so, since in my
> view the busy
> disk is the cause of all evil. :)
>
> The mouse pointer is movable all the time, but the system does
> not respond to
> clicks.

I had exactly the same issue until I disabled Baloo (thanks to Gentoo devs
who pointed me at this component).
The system is unusable because freezes happen too often and last for a few
secs.
I discussed this at #kde at Freenode and they asked me to debug as described
here: http://community.kde.org/Baloo/Debugging. I haven't done it yet.
Since you love KDE so much you might also want to help them with it.