KWallet: what are "local passwords"?

Frank Steinmetzger Warp_7 at gmx.de
Wed Sep 25 18:08:33 BST 2013

Hey list

I am sorting out my KDE wallets. I want to create one wallet with a
general collection of all my sensitive stuff, and another which all KDE
programs can spam into.

In the wallet configuration dialogue, below the option to select a
default wallet, there is another option:
[ ] Different wallet for local passwords

So what is a local password? One that does not involve an online
service? Neither the tooltip nor the help file gives me any info on
this.

Thanks.

BTW: How do you organise your wallets/passwords efficiently and securely?
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.

Skype jokes are oftentimes not understood, even when they’re repeated.