Akonadi acting up (again)

Frank Steinmetzger Warp_7 at gmx.de
Mon Sep 16 15:55:36 BST 2013

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 11:38:40AM +0200, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> On Monday, 2013-09-16, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
>
> > On another machine I had the same symptoms at first, but then it behaved
> > again. But that was a 32 bit system.  On my current main 64 bit machine,
> > it just isn't happening. Akonadi has been clogging the CPU for 20
> > minutes now. Closing the KMail or Kontakt window doesn't help, the CPU
> > load is still there. I have to kill the KMail/Kontact process which
> > still lingers in the background, only then will Akonadi return to being
> > quiet.
>
> That sounds a lot like the problem being in KMail or in something that KMail
> does.
> It not exiting on quit is a hint that there is some active action inside it
> that inhibit application exit, e.g. some long running job.
> Also, the fact that killing it stops the observed CPU usage again suggests
> that it is the origin of the load.
>
> I am not sure how best to check what it is doing right there.
> One thing you could try is to run akonadiconsole before launching KMail and
> then check the Job Tracker tab when the high usage occurs and look which type
> of job is reported as running for KMail.

Ah, being a regular user, I didn't know of the job tracker yet. :)
It shows thousands of Akonadi::CollectionFetchJob being entries being
created and processed.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.

Even a Bonsai dreams of greatness.